Sunday morning, I rode the airdyne for about an hour and did some delt work with the dumbells. Yesterday, I got to mix up the workout with some kettlebell work. Yes, you heard me right kettlebell. I know, I used to really pooh pooh kettlebells. Mainly cuz the people that use them are such fanatics. They would say things like " you have to be kettlbell certified" or " kettlebells are the ultimate in functional training" or whatever. But I figured my little home gym needed some new stuff to spice things up and a kettlebell fit the bill nicely. I ended up buying the 35lb one. I think this was a mistake cuz it is waaaay heavy for me. I was able to power through it but it kicked my ass. I did a combo of:
Kettlebell swings ( a new form of torture)
KB front squats
KB OHP
KB cheat curls
KB floor presses
Push ups
DB curls
and 40 minutes of airdyne. My weight has really maintained the last 3-4 weeks. Always between 187 and 191. Today, I was 190lb but looked leaner then I have been recently. I still have my goal of getting to around 183lbs for hawaii but will see if that's still possible as days are slipping by.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hmmm... very interested to hear more bout these kettleballz?
Post a Comment